1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fire sale...literally!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by asands, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Ok... this fire sale involves an amp. My trusty Markbass Little Mark II. Everyone knows this amp. Its been great to me until last weekends gig. First set and she goes up in smoke.

I Was running at 9 oclock on the gain and 11 oclock on the volume driving a 4 ohm load. Starting spitting smoke and I ran back and unplugged it. Luckily I was running my Sansamp BDDI and didnt really miss a beat! :bawl:

I opened it up and thought it was just a fan burning up because the condition of the wires behind it had a little char on the coating. I ordered a new fan for it on Monday, but later on saw that there is another spot on the board that got hot. It will be pictured below. I don't really know anything about fixing an amp. I could do a replacement fan, but this is gonna likely be beyond my level of knowledge.:eyebrow: With that being said, I dont have time to worry about it now, Im buying a house and moving in the next few weeks and I need to pay for the amp I just bought to replace this.

Asking $150 plus actual shipping via UPS. I have Paypal but would prefer a fee-less transaction. I don't know if this amp will ever be the same so it goes without saying that I won't do any refunds on this. This is about 1/3 the price of a used market LMIII. Sorry for the crappy pics, all I have is a terrible cell phone camera until the girlfriend gets back tomorrow. I can take better pics if needed then.

Might trade towards a micro amp/ class D....shouldn't but might...:bag:

2. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX

IMAG0416.
    IMAG0413.
    IMAG0412.
    IMAG0411.
    IMAG0410.

3. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Thanks for posting those Frank! My image editing software wasn't working right to post within the size limits.

I was asked so I'll answer here... this amp is outside of the warranty. Even if it wasn't I most likely would have voided it by opening it and removing the fan. Im still not sure how to price this. I put what I thought was fair, especially if you are handy. Feel free to make me an offer if you don't think it's well priced. Also might trade for a wireless unit. Preferably a Line 6

4. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    A couple offers so far, but let's bump it up

5. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    A couple offers so far, but let's bump it up

6. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Ok, finally got the DC back and took some better close ups of the areas in question.

100_0339-1.

100_0338-1.

100_0333.

100_0332.

7. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Bump, anymore offers?

8. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011