1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FIRE SALE!!!! Old USA Gibson Grabber with OHSC: $575 shipped! FIRE SALE!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by madbassplaya, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Lot's of interest in this bass in the last 24 hours but to increase the chances of someone buying it I am dropping the price 25 bucks! I want this bass gone today! Need to move this one a long to pay for a summer class haters! $575 is an insane deal for a bass like this. Does it have some love marks? Yes. Does it sound amazing though? Double YES!

Up for grabs is a really cool Gibson Grabber bass. The long story is that I bought this bass from a friend of mine who has decided to get out of playing. He bought some really cool vintage basses and just hasn't been playing them.

I bought this bass from him with the hopes of starting my power trio back up again. Around this time last year I started a power trio that was really making some headway but the singer/guitarist had to pull out due to other obligations. There had been talk of getting the group back together and the vintage 4 string just fits better in the mix and looks department than the modern 5 does. Well, turns out the band is not going to get back together because the drummer is moving. :(

I would keep this bass, but because I have no band that I can really play it in and because I have to take a psychopharmocology class this summer, I need the cash!

The bass has been used thoroughly and it shows it. Definitely gives off the "MOJO" vibe. ;) The pics indicate the wear on the fingerboard, the paint wear on the body, and the back of the neck has wear/nicks. The front straplock has also been relocated. The bass sounds PHENOMENAL! I've never been into actual older/vintage basses, but this bass sounds and plays great. The bass needs to be cleaned up for sure. It has sat in a case unplayed for a while and I was going to put a lot of time and TLC into it, but between internship and school, I just haven't had the time.

Pics:
    100_0792.
    100_0793.
    100_0794.
    100_0795.
    100_0800.
    100_0801.
    100_0799.
    100_0797.
    100_0798.
    100_0796.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    pm's replied!

lots of interest. hopefully this one will be gone today.

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Thanks for looking!

SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.