1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fire sale: ONE WEEK ONLY - Pavel Hadara Deluxe 5 BUCKEYE BURL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cosmicevan, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    This is a ONE WEEK ONLY deal. I've been offered a dream bass but only have one week (probably not even) to make a move on it. I DO NOT want to sell this bass so if this doesn't move essentially immediately, I'm pulling it off the market...I'm only listing this out of the slim possibility that I can raise a TON of cash in a tight period of time to make the impossible happen. If you are diggin on this bass and want it...this is your shot. Don't guild the lily, because this isn't marketing BS, this is a limited time offer.

Without further ado...I offer up a Pavel Hadara Deluxe 5 - BUCKEYE BURL top.

yep, the famous repaired Pavel (fully documented here - http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/ForresterKustoms/Guitar Repairs/Pavel Bass Repair). if you didn't see these pictures, you'd never know (I challenge you to find it...impossible), the repair is seemless and has made the bass stronger than it was when initially built.

$3,000 shipped to your door insured. Price is FIRM.

Specs:
    stunning buckeye burl top (w/ matching headstock and pickup covers & knob tops) - wenge core - swamp ash back - wenge neck - mac ebony fingerboard (24 frets w/ 0 fret) - Pavel Signature Pickups - Aguilar OBP-3 pre (w/boost&cut for bass,mid,treb) - 3 way selector for EACH pickup (series humbucker/parallel humbucker/single coil) - push/pull active/passive switching - 35" scale, 24 frets 18mm string spacing (est. @ 7.5-8.5 Ibs.) - Hipshot Ultralight Tuners 2+3 -
    Deep “Set-Neck” design with ergonomically contoured asymmetric heel - High mass Brass Hipshot bridge slightly recessed into the top

This bass is NO JOKE. It is my go to bass for playing when I can't use my full rig because it is SO versatile that you can make it sound good through any rig and in any environment...plus it plays like butter.

couple of pix:
    IMG_7024.

IMG_6940.

IMG_7027.

more pictures available upon requrest. for faster response, call or text at 516.578.7196. I said it before and I'll say it again...I need to raise cash NOW. If this doesn't sell right away, I'm closing this thread. I doubt if this opportunity will be available for me for a week...so act NOW.

2. LowWay

LowWay

Dec 16, 2009
    I looked at the repair slideshow. Amazing work. Who did the repair?

3. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Mike Forrester - http://www.forresterkustoms.com/

if you search on Pavel, I think the repair job is mentioned in a few threads. it really is phenomenal and I love having the pictures to document the whole thing.

4. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    HOLY SMOKE!!! ... the Pavel is now on the block!?! :eek:

If you don't mind, what is this dream bass that your are trying to quickly off-load your Morch 6'er (which has your tone ... a hard thing to find), and now this STUNNING Pavel.

I'm floored. You've got great taste in basses ... so this dream bass has gotta be something else!

BTW ... Good luck with the sales BUMP

5. DrSmaggs

DrSmaggs

Oct 15, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Endorsing Artist:
    Awesome basses! *bump*

6. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Thanks as well. :)

Now it all makes sense. Good luck!

(for the slight-derail ... here's another look at my dream bass! ... not the MTD ;))
    IMG_7024.

7. low2groove

low2groove Tyranis 4 / Lower Groove Guitars

Jan 21, 2007
    They both look amazing but I really love the lighter one, damn!!!

8. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Yeah, I picked up both of those after a bass family re-arranging. I really expected to love the MTD, but it really just wasn't my thing. The Pavel, however...really is a swiss army knife of basses. It looks like she's most likey heading off to a new owner VERY soon (as a deal is in the works and will likely be sealed up tomorrow).

It's always nice when everyone wins.

9. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Bump. This one is likely gone, still awaiting the finalization of details with it's potential new owner, but as the story goes...still available until the deal is finalized.

10. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    deposit received on this bass, it is considered sold.

11. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    closing thread. almost fully paid off at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.