1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FIRE SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY -NEW IN BOX - Nordstrand NJ5 Jazz Pickups $140!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Quadzilla, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

THIS WEEKEND ONLY $140 SHIPPED CONUS!!!! First to actually put up the cash, gets em! This is a STEAL considering Nordstrand sells em for $235! Yes, they are BRAND NEW!

Brand new, never used Nordstrand NJ5 Pickups in original box with original sales receipt (both bridge AND neck pickups). $235 new from Nordstrand - LOWERED TO JUST $140 shipped CONUS for THIS WEEKEND ONLY!

For a sound sample of these (actually the 4 string version, but tonally, the same) click here ---> http://basstasters.com/pickups/Nordstrand_NJ4_Jazz.html

http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass-pickups/traditional/traditional.html

Specs, MSRP and Pics (taken from Nordstrand's website):

This is a vintage single coil J style pickup made with 60's era correct Heavy Formvar wire and Alnico V magnets. In winding these pickups we use a simulated hand wound pattern that lowers the resonant peak of the pickup resulting in a pleasing yet present high end. These pickups have a very even and full sound with that snap and grind associated with the classic basses of that time. Includes black covers (exposed pole pieces).

these are very fat sounding with plenty of growl and bark.

5 string set (2 pickups): $235.

Single pickup, neck or bridge: $119.

Specs:

The average resistance of the NJ5 is as follows:

Neck 9.2
    Bridge 9.4

Pickup length: Bridge = 3.725", Neck = 3.725"

Download full PDF for pickup dimensions (3rd pickup down from top left) CLICK BELOW LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rsphj5fbfxt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

What? Are these still here?

If they were NJ5S, they'd already be gone!

dcr

3. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    PM sent

4. Quadzilla

Looks like these are going to mimaz !!! :hyper: :D

5. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Payment sent, Sadowsky waiting! :D

6. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    DHL showed up today........and the PuPs are already in the Sadowsky..........I'm heading to rehearsal now. :bassist:

7. Quadzilla

Results? How do they sound? :bassist:

8. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Well, my rig in the rehearsal studio isn't exactly the best scenario for testing, since it's radically different from any of the rigs that I gig with, but so far so good! I've got several gigs this weekend, and that's when I'll really see how I like them.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    If you don't like them, send them my way. I missed out on this deal by not checking my PM's soon enough. No hard feelings at all on my end, but please keep me in mind if these aren't to your liking.

-Mike

10. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    No problem, I'll call you first if they don't work out for any reason!

Side note: What's the chances you'll be in the 'Burgh this Monday? I just got tix for the Monday night game! :cool:

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Zero. :(

PM sent.

-Mike