Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by canopener, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. canopener


    Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    So, I got home from work today and was greeted by one of the most awesome and horrific sights I've seen...

    My landlord's old Chebby Astro Van was up in flames only about 15 yards away from one of the houses on his property. I saw the plume of smoke about a mile away and was initially worried that it might there might be my dogs/neighbors/my gear caught in it. Luckily, everything around it was pretty wet, and it didn't spread. This was probably the largest, uncontrolled fire I've ever cared to witness, and hope not to see one like it again! I can only assume that it was electrical...the van was hardly used and is in a semi-wooded area. The van would make a perfect home for field mice and other rodents that like to chew on wires. I would've snapped a pic, but I was hurried along by two engines and had to keep moving.
  2. burk48237

    burk48237 Supporting Member

    Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My next door neighbor had a house fire two years ago (kitchen), They banged on my door at 2 Am to call the Fire Dept. I will never forget the look of that family standing on the sidewalk while the firefighters were going thru there house , pretty earie. It was a small fire, as fires go confined to the kitchen but as the fire dept. had to check inside the walls and atic, plus the water damage. It messed up the house pretty good. Please tell me Sadowsky Basses are fire proof! thats a scary thought!
  3. Aqueousillusion


    Feb 8, 2005
    Christmas eve 2000 our kitchen caught on fire, all because of grease, when my brother was cooking fries. My brother got burned pretty bad, but we look at it now and laugh. My brother forever has a phobia of cooking french fries.