Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fireball Ministry, anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I was watching MTV this afternoon and had to laugh to myself -- I think it's hilarious when someone like Ian Robinson busts on "bubble-gum rock bands and pretty pop princesses" (although, it's not quite as funny as when I see Carson Daly flash "the horns") -- the guy works for friggin' MTV for the cry-eye! And what's with that new mohawk of his anyway? Is it supposed to make him more legitimate? Sittin' there talking about fake punk bands...

Anyway (before I ruffle anyone's feathers), the real point of this thread -- Ian was talking about a band called Fireball Ministry and how they were gonna put the rock back in rock music. They sounded cool (from what I heard), but I still wonder, are they any good, or are they just the next Nashville P***y? ;) :D

Any thoughts?

2. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Come on! No FM fans?

3. Never heard of them, but if they are anything like NP, then I really don't expect much from them. NP is ok, but nothing as unique as Gwar!! :p

Don't even get me started on the fat kid with the mohawk, he is just a moron. I can't stand him, make me want to put an axe in hs head. I don't, cuz then I'd hafta get a new TV. :rolleyes:

4. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Fireball Ministry rules. Been listening to them for a few years now... good solid rock and roll, something that's seriously lacking these days.

And Ian Robinson IS legit, he plays drums in a band from NY called Puny Human. He was \m/ before MTV, and is still \m/ now. He's the only guy on that pathetic excuse of a channel that gives me any hope for the future of popular music. Don't knock him if you know nothing about him.

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Well, aren't you his biggest fan? ;) All I know about Ian is that he annoys me, he works for Crap TV and oh yeah, he annoys me. Matt Pinfield knew his ***t too and he annoyed the hell outta me!

I don't want this to turn ugly. I simply stated how "fake" I thought Ian was (and is) and asked about the band, Fireball Ministry. Let's keep it civil, folks.

6. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    And how was I not being civil? I simply stated that he is not 'fake' and you should not pass judgement if you don't know anything about him, which you obviously do not!

PS No, I don't want to marry the guy.
    PSS I hated Pinheadfield too.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't have MTV (Europe - or VIVA, which is the German MTV competitor).

8. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    :D :D :D

Which is the album to "jump in" with -- Ou Est La Rock? or FMEP?

9. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Ou Est La Rock, for sure. The FMEP is cool, but it's only an EP, and it's all cover songs.