Firebass 700 into a Peavey 115BX cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tryeguy, Feb 6, 2005.

1. tryeguy

Sep 28, 2004
    Ive just recently bought a used Peavey Firebass head. Im looking to buy a used Peavey 115BX cab which is 4ohms rated at 300 watts. Can I safely do this combination? The Firebass is 475 watts at 4ohms. Will I damage the 115 BX if i crank it, cause the 475 watts is more than the the 300 watt rating on the cab? Thanks for any help, Im just an ignorant old sod... :help:
  2. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    It will be fine. I assume you don't plan to turn the volume to the maximum of the dial?
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nah're not ignorant. It is actually rather smart to ask around before you try something you aren't sure about. :D

Just be smart with the volume and gain knobs on the Firebass. Peavey gear is pretty indestructable, so you'll be fine. Besides, 475 is the MAX wattage at 4ohms...not what it will constantly put out while you are playing. You can "crank" it up, just don't pound away on the bass like a neanderthal for two solid hours at full blast.

4. If your set on a Peavey 1x15. Make sure you get the 115 BXBW, it comes with a Black Widow speaker, where as the BX just comes with the scorpian speaker.

Also see if you can swing for a 410TVX. Awesome Quad Box!