Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

firebass 700

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aeviafarewell, Feb 6, 2003.

1. I am running my peavey firebass 700 w/ a peavey 410 cab that handles 350 RMS 4 ohm, the head is
    is pushing 474 into it at 4, my guitarist tells me i wont blow it, that the cab will take it, i think i am pushing it a little hard, anybody else think that it will or wont blow or fry the magnet or something.

2. Unless you're running the head pretty hard, you shouldn't do any damage to the cabinet. You're only putting out the 475W when its WFO.

I use a Firebass 700II quite often with two 8-ohm Ampeg cabs that are rated for 200W each. I've never had a problem, but then I never run the head at more than a little over half way.

3. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Trust me. You will have absolutely no problem with that setup. The Firebass and that cab were made for each other. Peavey is pretty conservative with their cab ratings. The DDT will protect your speakers if you drive it so hard it would otherwise clip the amp's output. I routinely use a Peavey 410TX with 1100 watts from a bridged QSC 1602 PLX. The cab just loves it. Never had a speaker failure in nine years.

Lean back, smile and let it RIP!

Kim