Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Firebass EFX Loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nikehawk, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Hey yo,

I finally want hardcore style and upgraded from a Crate BFX100 to a Peavey Firebass with a 4x10, which is quite a jump. When I purchased my Crate from GC, I bought this little 20 dollar foot switch to switch the effects on the amp on and off. When I bought the Firebass, I hooked up my Zoom BFX 708 through the EFX loop, and used the little foot switch to cut the pedal off directly (the only way previously that I knew how to do this was to tap the two large pads on the pedal to bypass, but with the switch, I don't have to be co-ordinated). The problem I found was that when I used the little foot switch the the Firebass, it makes this hideously loud "click" when i switch the pedal off (only off, not on). I never had this problem when I used the switch with the Crate, granted I didn't have the efx loop with the Crate, I just plugged my bass straight into the Zoom pedal, and then into the input on the amp. My question is, what's going on? Does this have something to do with the Firebass head or EFX Loop, and what can I do to remedy it?

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Did you consider that you're using a pedal designed for a Crate amp for a Peavey amp?

That could be in large your problem. I believe Peavey makes a pedal for the Firebass that does the same exact thing. Goto your Peavey dealer and ask about it.

3. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Well, its not necessarily a Crate brand pedal, its generic. But I will try that....Thanks