Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Firebass II pricing.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hategear, Apr 26, 2001.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    As some of you may know, I am thinking of purchasing a Peavey Firebass II amplifier. My question is this: What can I expect to spend on one of these baddies? I got a quote of $525 today. Sounds like a steal, but I don't know if I could get the price down any lower than that or not. I have had that price quoted to me before, even when we were talking about a display model. Have any of you payed LESS than that for a new Firebass? Does anyone know of a mail order company that sells Peavey amps?

2. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Maybe I should take the hint - no one responds to my posts anymore.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    $525 is in the good price ballpark (for a brand spanking new Firebass II, not a display model).
    Getting a better deal would depend on the competition in your area.

4. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Awww... poor thing! Come on, it was only 35 minutes. :)

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It may have only been 35 minutes, but I needed it right THEN!

6. I need,
    I want,
    I gotta have it NOW!!!!!!
    Thats how music stores get away with ripping musicians off.
    Go to at least three music stores and get your best price. That will give you your best price comparison and even after that try to get at least another 10% or more off the price. Good luck!!!

7. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I very seldom get ripped off. I will usually try something five times, and go to three different stores to find the right price before I even CONSIDER buying it. If a business won't let me try before I buy, and they won't deal with me on the price, I go elsewhere.

Also, there is only one Peavey dealer in my area, that's why I asked about the mail order companies.

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I don't know about the prices for a Firebass head, but I'm sure that Peavey does not allow anybody to sell their gear mail order. So, you'll probably have to do some traveling in order to shop around on it.
    Could be well worth it though. I recently got a Peavey Microbass, and Combo 115. I really like'em a lot.
    Hope that helped you, and good luck on your search.

9. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I spent like $450 on mine, brand new.

10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I spent about 500 on mine, brand new. I have only one Peavey dealer within many, many miles of me, so I have to kind of take it or leave it. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, though.
    I don't think 525 is a bad price. In my opinion the head is well worth the price.

Ryan

11. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Well, mine was $450... But then again everyone hooks me up at the place I bought mine at, so I don't know what it originally was. ;)

Great head though, quite versatile, and is easy to set, has some great sounds, I think it gets more bottom then anything though... just IMHO

:)

12. OldJackBloom

OldJackBloom

May 12, 2001
    Reno, NV
    I paid $450 also. (For the Firebass 700, right?).