Firebass700/GoliathJrII/B212Neo Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XtraLongScale, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Well, the question is really about the Goliath Jr II fitting in this rig. I want to get the 2 Ohm, 700W load from the head (the Avatar is 4 Ohms) but I'm wondering if the SWR cab (being 350W @ 4 Ohms) would be underpowered or be in any danger of potential damage for this mission. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. Since both cabs are the same impedance and each cab is loaded with the same number of speakers, each cab and each speaker will recieve the same amount of power. One cab will get 350W and the other will get 350W. Your SWR cab should run fine with 350W.
  3. Thanks. I was assuming that's the case. I never ran a cab at the exact wattage recommendation of the head manufacturer, always over, hence my "what if" concern. Much appreciated.
  4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    This setup should work great. If it reaches the T.O.F. just back off the bass boost a little and up the low mids. Sometimes T.O.F is hard to recognizein a band situation, but if your red DDT light is on continuously you are just about there.
  5. Thanks, Joe. I'll definitely take the low end recommendation to heart. I forgot to mention that I play 5 string in a Metal/Hard Rock setting between two potently half-stacked (but not obnoxiously loud) guitarists. I'm getting the SWR this Saturday and will have time to tweak it (at home and 4 rehearsals) between then and Friday, Jan 13th (hopefully a good omen), which is my band's next gig.