Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fireburns Children

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FBC, Sep 7, 2002.

1. FBC

FBC

Sep 7, 2002
    Essex, UK
    Sorry about the impending band plug ;)

I don't know how to describe the sound really, I'd rather people just gave it a try and made up their own minds. Anyway, we're going into the studio to record our debut demo 'The Shape Her Words Make' on Tuesday (10/9), so if you like what you hear, be sure to gimme an email, and ill send over a copy.

There's a couple of mp3s on our site atwww.fireburnschildren.com which seem to be going down well, recorded live at Harlow Square back in June.

Cheers
    Brad

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

No but I'll give you the jerk award for the most tastless band name.

3. FBC

FBC

Sep 7, 2002
    Essex, UK
    Its a patronising warning, not a threat to childrens life.

ie. A parent telling their child that fire burns.

But I would like to thank my mum, my agent and the big guy upstairs for this award.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

OK I'll buy that one!! :)

By the way, I checked out the live mp3's and it was pretty good. A little comment for you. The drums tempo keeps changing slowing down and speeding up etc. On the positive side the bass playing was nice and upfront and had a good vibe to it. The vocals kept you interested.

Forward your new demo recordings to me.

Also fill in your profile!! :)

5. FBC

FBC

Sep 7, 2002
    Essex, UK
    Why thank you.

Well they were recorded at our first gig so hopefully we can put any errors in the music down to intense nerves. Hopefully the demo will sound a little more... professional :)

Always nice to recieve positive criticism.

I'll do my profile now ;)

6. FBC

FBC

Sep 7, 2002
    Essex, UK
    We have just come out of the studio today and the site has been updated with new tracks. Check It Out :)