Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fired for eating pizza?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Sep 3, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that's kind of rediculous

i got fired from my most recent job because i told a guest what the local newspaper said that day about an attraction.

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What did you do for a job?

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i was a security guard for six flags (a theme park)

5. "Drop it off here and I'll pick it up around... 4?"
    "I made a spreadsheet, it's Joe's turn to take it home..."

6. Ridiculous!! Absolutely silly....:rolleyes:

7. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    well at least he won something. :bassist:

-jimbo

8. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Did you get fired by the old bald guy ;) That's stupid, god forbid you help someone.

9. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *lol*

My fiance ate some of my leftover's the other night. I'm filling out the necessary paperwork right now. That was absolutely inexcusable! :)

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats diffrent.

11. A friend of mine got fired for being seen with his hands in his pockets.

12. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Some of these may appear silly at first glance but normally the truth is the absurd incident is merely the straw that broke the camel's back. It is likely that there were a series of issues involving the firee that culminated in the pizza incident.

13. The guys who were dueling with sex toys should have won. THAT'S hilarious.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey, hands off the Pizza or you're fired.
    [​IMG]

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    There's always more to the story. Trust me. I fired a guy for holding a knife to another employee's throat at the company picnic. When I called him in to fire him, he thought he was coming in to get a raise. At first, he denied doing it, but when I told him I had spoken to the victim and three other witnesses he said, "I don't remember doing anything like that, but I was just fooling around."

And now, the rest of the story. This all started when Mr. Knifewielder was ogling some 12-year-old girls (employees' daughters) doing cartwheels on the grass. Mr. Wiseacre, one of the other employees, commented something to the effect of "So who are you, the next David Westerfield?" David Westerfield is a local guy who abducted, raped, and murdered an 8-year-old girl in San Diego. He's on death row now with Scott Peterson.

This did not sit well with Mr. Knifewielder, who slowly moved around behind the Mr. Wiseacre sitting on the grass. He came up and said, "Take it back or I'll kill you," as he put the knife across the guy's neck.

I will guarantee you that the perp's account of the story is substantially different. He's lucky the other guy didn't press charges for ADW.

So what did the paper say about one of the attractions?

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah Munji, but it doesn't sell newspapers to comment that employee Joe Smith:

- had a recent review of "Met" for his performance standards, and really, he was "Did Not Meet" in many of the categories,
    - was often 5-10 minutes late, to work or from breaks, and would often try and leave early,
    - didn't show initiative to implement new policies, make recommendations to improve productivity, or demonstrate an earnestness to go beyond his prescribed duties,
    - had a dangerous, but still within limits, number of sick days in the last twelve months, many of them coinciding with 3-day weekends or on nice summer days,
    - has 2 verbal warnings in his file, along with 2 write-ups for incidences of negligence, or poor performance,
    - was on probation last year for 3 months,
    - and was on probation at the time of the incident.

It's sexier to say he was fired for eating pizza. Because, yeah, companies will outright fire employees that eat pizza.

It's hard as hell to fire somebody these days. Litigious employees and enhanced employee rights make it necessary for employers to demonstrate a pattern of behavior. Like someone else said, "straw that broke the camel's back."

17. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    I was nearly written up for doing that at my local Target Store when I still worked there. They basically wanted us to act like cheer leaders at all times when we were standing around...which me being a guy didn't fly.

18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I see a lot of people still don't get the concept "Don't poop where you eat."

19. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    LMAO