Firefox Woes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by astronauts_suck, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Earlier I tried to go to Google Video, and it gives me this message saying a security certificate doesn't match the domain name. It gives 4 options: "View certificate", "OK", "Help", and "Cancel".
    I tried all 4 but that did nothing of any use. It just redirected me back to the Google homepage.

I also tried it on IE just on a hunch, and it essentially does the same thing, so there's a possibilty that it's not FF specific.

2. Yeah, not FireFox speciffic, I'm using the newest FF browser and I can view the GoogleVideos no problem.

3. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I was getting the same problem earlier (with both IE and FF), but it seems to be working ok now.
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Make sure you have the newest Firefox.
  5. I updated FF, and it worked.

But only for a few minutes. Second search I made, it gave me the same prompt.

So I'm basically back at square one.
  6. I never had those problems, however, firefox updated itself the other day, and i lost all my tabs, favourites and stuff, very annoying :scowl:
  7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Check your security/browsing options. Go to "Tools" then "Options..."
  8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Using FF here, and no problems with Google Video thus far. I even checked today just to be sure. Saw a pretty wicked soccer vid. :)
  10. No trouble with FF here either.