1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Firepod glitchy audio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Matthew P. Morris, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Matthew P. Morris

Matthew P. Morris

May 3, 2007
    Anyone ever had an issue with there firepod recoding glitchy or almost a ring mod sound over the audio being recorded

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Is your DAW software set to the same sampling rate as the Firepod?

If that's not it, I'd try trashing the Firepod preferences (in the Library), and rebooting.

3. Matthew P. Morris

Matthew P. Morris

May 3, 2007
    Yes they all match. I have two firepods. The second one records the glitchys audio.

4. Matthew P. Morris

Matthew P. Morris

May 3, 2007
    It will record fine for 40 mins. Then I stop and save the file. Then start recording again then the glitch will occur on the second firepod.

5. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    What happens when you switch the firepods' order, making the second unit first in the chain and vice versa?

If unit 2 still acts up when placed first in the chain, it sounds like fate has in store for you a service call to Presonus.

If you get the same glitchiness from channels 9-16 no matter which hardware unit is in that position, I'd suspect the problem is in the DAW settings or drivers (or, less likely, with the second firewire cable).