1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Firewire Interface Question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Sep 18, 2008.

1. I just got a Behringer FCA202 Firewire to hook up to my Macbook.

Basically, I am running the instruments into my board and then the outs on the board to the FCA202. When I tried to record my bass (active Modulus Q5), I keep getting distortion on the playback. It doesn't seem to be peaking at all. I was running it with Garageband.

Also, is there a way for the sound to come out of my Mac speakers? The only way I can get sound it to record, then unplug the FCA202 from the Macbook and then it will use the Mac speakers....otherwise it seems the only way to listen while I am playing is using the outputs on the FCA202 back into the board and run it through a PA or something.

2. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    I don't know the FCA202 but ;
    -Check your battery in your bass
    -Check the gain on your board if you are Peaking ( push "solo" check LED)
    -Check the input gain in the FCA202

Yep , just create an aggregated device.
    -Go to Application/Utilities/ Audio MIDI Configuration , open it
    -Go to Audio/

-open agregated device editor ( shift -apple - A )

-Press + then add your Behringer AND internal audio , give it a name.

-Then reopen garagebadn and choose the agregated device as you I/O and choose internal audio as your output.

3. I will do all of the above and let you know.

Thanks for all of the info. I have recorded with Garageband before, but just by running into the input on the side with a 1/8" adapter...so hopefully the interface will sound a little better and make it easier...

4. Cool. I just ran my bass straight in (its active) and it worked better, then ran it through my preamp>interface. I might have to muck around with it this weekend so I can run it into my board and work all of the kinks out.