For Sale First Act Delia Custom Shop Darkstar'd Semi-Hollow Body, Made in USA!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JCBass, Mar 6, 2017.

1. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Euphonic Audio & Rotosound Strings
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0497.JPG VERY on the fence with this one... $1550 shipped. This was made out of the custom shop at First Act. There were literally just a handful of these semi-hollows made. Super RARE. They used the bisonic darkstar pickup in the neck position (this is the 'real' one made a while ago; not the newer ones in production now). For a made in USA semi-hollow at this price point, I think it would be close to impossible to find a bass of the same quality... and it's 34" scale which is great!! The finish looks nice and relic'd and has stress marks and some vibey yellowing here and there. No breaks, cracks or repairs or anything like that. It has a USA hipshot bridge and USA hipshot ultralite tuners, all stock and 100% original. The bass is super versatile sounding and looks so damn cool! I have it strung with Roto flatwounds and they suit the bass perfectly in my opinion. Frets are in excellent shape and the truss rod functions flawlessly in both directions with ease. The bass comes with either a brand new (but not super expensive) gigbag or its original flightcase which is all scratched up. Please feel free to message me with any questions and I'll get right back. I just bought a vintage guild semi-hollow or I would never be selling this bass... it kills!!! I have this one photo on my phone; I'll try and post more pics tonight! Thanks for looking. PS, the lines around the knobs in this pic were produced from the app utilized; it's not on the bass ;-)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. Bagelish

Bagelish Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2016
    First Acts custom shop put out great guitars and basses, way underrated.

JCBass likes this.
  3. HenningSB

HenningSB

Dec 9, 2013
    Norway
    I own the exact same bass, just with a maple fretboard. It absolutely KILLS! I own 4 First Acts, and had 5 at some point. They are seriously underrated. Would be all over this one if I didn't have its brother already ;)

JCBass likes this.
  4. JCBass

JCBass Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2005
    E. Village, NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Euphonic Audio & Rotosound Strings
    Wow! PM me a photo of the identical one with the maple board! Would love to see it. I'll probably end up hanging in to this one... ;-)

HenningSB likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 28, 2021