first aftermarket string set

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slapcracklepop, Aug 20, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I've had the stock strings on my Squier P-bass since I got it, which was about 6 weeks ago. Although these strings still have a good tone and feel, I'm curious to see which strings I like better and which makes the best sound. I mainly play rock and metal but I do switch over to different styles occasionally, so I'm looking for a versitle string. I also play with my fingers, if that helps?

Anyway, any reccomendations? By the way, which gauge strings would work with the Squier P-Bass?

Thanks Guys
  2. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Well, strings are alot of opinion. I personally like elixirs. They are a love 'em or hate 'em kinda string. Just feels good to me. And they keep that "new" twangish type sound alive for a while. Gague wise i'm not sure. But if you go into a music store- they will know, and if they don't, well thats just sad.
    I use those on my MIM jazz, so that should be ok for you squire p (assuming its a 34'')
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sorry, but you're going to have to try every string made and come to a decision just like we all did.