Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

first aftermarket string set

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slapcracklepop, Aug 20, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I've had the stock strings on my Squier P-bass since I got it, which was about 6 weeks ago. Although these strings still have a good tone and feel, I'm curious to see which strings I like better and which makes the best sound. I mainly play rock and metal but I do switch over to different styles occasionally, so I'm looking for a versitle string. I also play with my fingers, if that helps?

Anyway, any reccomendations? By the way, which gauge strings would work with the Squier P-Bass?

Thanks Guys

2. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Well, strings are alot of opinion. I personally like elixirs. They are a love 'em or hate 'em kinda string. Just feels good to me. And they keep that "new" twangish type sound alive for a while. Gague wise i'm not sure. But if you go into a music store- they will know, and if they don't, well thats just sad.
    http://www.juststrings.com/elx-14052.html
    I use those on my MIM jazz, so that should be ok for you squire p (assuming its a 34'')

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sorry, but you're going to have to try every string made and come to a decision just like we all did.