1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

First bass build - trying to use only recycled native New Zealand woods

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by joppo, Feb 10, 2018.

1. mark5009

mark5009

Feb 17, 2018
    Sydney, Oz
    Well done! It looks super and I'm sure sounds really well

2. Well done. BTW, precision flats are my fave strings. Just lovely to play on. As they get older, you'll like them better and better. They get darker and thumpier. :cool:

3. Five String

Five String Supporting Member

Really cool. Can't wait for the clips.

4. So here is a demo to give you an idea of what it sounds like. The signal chain is Bass > 2 Notes Le Bass (clean channel) > Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 (set flat) > Ashdown 2x10. I used two microphones panned hard left and right - left channel is an Audio Technica AT2020 and the right channel is a Shure SM57. The only eq is a 2 octave roll off at 40Hz as this bass has a lot of low end!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    postalflunkie likes this.
  5. Newbilong

Newbilong

Aug 14, 2018
    Sounds great! Solid bottom end.

joppo likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021