Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First bass buildup questions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 6, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    I want to build my own bass. I'm not sure yet whether it will be a 4, 5 or 6 string yet but I'm considering making one like Les Claypool's rainbow bass with many different types of wood. I do know that I want to use woods like bubinga, walnut, mahogany, afzelia or ovangkol. My question is what type of glue can be used for all of these types of woods? I intend to use a Carvin neck as a basis. Is this neck too short to make a bass with anything but a 34" scale or should I extend it?

Ben - this is how to write an inquiry on this board. Don't use a lame "Help" title. They are useless to the reader in determining whether he wants to even read your post. Do use proper sentence structure, punctuation, and spelling. If you aren't good at these, get someone to help you with your posts. Doing this will help us understand your requests and you will get more information.
    Hambone