1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First bass design. Need feedback. (large pic)

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Linkert, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    [​IMG]

There is a bass design i made today in photoshop with a base of a fender (for size)
    A
    s you see it does not have a head, wood type, and so on. So i need feedback.
    (the pick up is going to be hidden and the volume knob is right under the bridge)

T
    he theme of it is going to be "Devil" not as in BC-Rich devil but the classy smart devilish look if you know what i mean...
    T
    he finish is going to be some kind of shiny black or ox-blood red type thingy.. Just so you know.
    Here are some cool finishes i would like. Tell me what you think:

P1010017.

P8100140.

joust2.

Feedbackameup. New word...

2. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    It reminds me of some stuff that Benevente (not necesarilly under the Benevente name) has done. I think a mac ebony top would look killer if you could get a piece large enough.

3. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
  4. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    Unless you are one of those guys that never touch the volume knob and use a pedal instead of it the volume knob in your design will be a little hard to reach.

5. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    I have seen it on another bass so i dont think it will be such a problem.

6. looks pretty good, I would give it more of a defined waist though

7. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Okay. Lemme suggest an alternative for that top horn... cuz, if it's the DEVIL, it needs horns.

[​IMG]

I've always loved this guitar, EXCEPT for the goofy point sticking down in the back.

If you made it more liiiiiike:

[​IMG]

Come to think of it.... I'M doing this!

8. Did you play that other bass? It does seem like it would really be out of the way. Why would you want it there?

And as far as the design, I'd say a more defined waist and I don't really like the upper left bout (the bass side). Just looks too skinny/small to me compared to how far the lower horn sticks out. Might just be me though, I don't like it when the horns aren't really even.

9. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    I want it there becouse it will look cleaner in some sort of way.

10. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Well do some one have any head tips? Maybe some bass that have some nice curves?

11. you could make it headless

12. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    Read my signature and guess how much i like headless basses..

13. I don't really understand it, do you not like them because they "only have 75% of the beauty"?

14. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    75% beauty of what a bass, with all main parts (neck, head, body, player) can have..
    you dig?