1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

first bass in years, just saying Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by RicoNegro, May 30, 2011.

1. RicoNegro

RicoNegro

May 30, 2011
    Hi guys (and gals?), I'm new to the forums here. I've been playing rythm guitar for last 15 years and finally got the urge to start playing bass again. Luckily I kept my old bass amp, a vintage late 60's Kustom stack ;) I just could never bring myself to get rid of it.

I'm planning on getting a Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar with the P&J pick up config and maybe doing some modifications of my own, maybe a mirrored pick guard which I personally think would look pretty darn sexy on that transparent red finish.

Ok, enough rambling on my end.

2. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Hi, and welcome to TB. You will get all the help and encouragement you need on this site.

Good luck with it. :)

3. gary ashall

gary ashall

Jul 27, 2010
    belfast
    hi rico nigro, new to this myself,after 25 years of playing bass and hating fender jazz basses with a passion i actually now have the best sounding bass i have ever had...a 1975 jazz bass. dont understand how i never liked them in the first place. anyway i am currently tricking it out,i have put a badass bridge in place of the standard fender bridge ,i have also put a varitone control plate in place of the standard 3 controls and my next move is a set of bartolinis,the bartolinis are a maybe as the pick ups in it at the minute are fine.what gear are you using ?

4. RicoNegro

RicoNegro

May 30, 2011
    well, right now I'm still waiting on delivery of the bass so the only bass gear i have at the moment is the Kustom amp. fixing up that jaguar is going to be a later project though. i want to practice on it with all it's possible flaws before changing out any of its hardware.

::Edit:: Finaly got my confirmation email and it should be here Tuesday. Probably going to spend the whole afternoon setting up the action and intonation... I'm almost as excited to do that as I am to play it.