First bass is on the way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pingflood, Feb 14, 2006.

1. pingflood

Feb 11, 2006

Found a Brice like I wanted. $175 on ebay with no bids, six days left... I emailed the guy offering $200 right now, and he took it.

Should be here next week. (The switch was added by a pro in his area; he was going to wire up a +3db boost thing to it but never got around to ordering it.)

2. jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    first bass a 6 string?, thats going to be fun,

3. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    my first was a fender mustang bass from like, 1970's? i actually loved that thing... :D
  4. have fun learning on a 6 string.

seriously though, great choice.
  5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol :p
  6. pingflood

Feb 11, 2006
    Well, I come from a guitar (both classical and modern electric stuff) background, and love jazz.. and had a chance to play 4, 5 and finally a 6 string. Ended up falling in love with 6-string; it just felt *right* and since I want to play mostly solo on it and do chordal stuff I decided it was the one for me. FWIW, I've played guitar for many years so I have at least a headstart on things. :)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool All the best on your journey to BassHood ! :hyper: :bassist:
  8. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    What is the deal with these Brice basses? They have the looks but how do they sound? Do they have good construction and playability?
  9. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Never played one but I've heard they are EXCELLENT basses.. especially for the $$$
  10. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Thats a mighty fine looking first bass! Mine was sky blue with a baseball bat neck and garbage fretwork. Im jealous!
  11. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    $200!!! Sounds like a great deal to me if it sounds decent! Have fun! :)
  12. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    omgosh... 6 string... first bass...

i've heard great stuff about Brices, good choice!

good luck :) !
  13. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    The brice 6 has always caught my eye as being a 6 stringer for super super cheap... dunno if it's comparable to a Tune 6 though.
  14. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    You realise of course that we expect a full review once you receive the bass! looks great. :)