First Bass Lesson Using Google Glass

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by basscaster, Jul 26, 2013.

1. basscaster

basscaster

Jan 20, 2011
    I am in the Google Glass Explorer program, and I just received my beta version Google Glass a couple of days ago. I think Glass adds a very nice layer for players who communicate online, or give lessons. For demo purposes, I just uploaded a few videos to YouTube to give everyone an idea of how it works. I basically hit "record," and I was done. It was ridiculously easy to do, and I had been putting off doing videos on playing for years because I didn't want to mess with a video set up. http://www.youtube.com/user/rgarner1?feature=watch

I would be interested in everyone's thoughts on Glass.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. I always thought an eyeglass monitor would be great for bass
    so you can see the music when you're playing. That's the first
    thing I thought of when Google Glass came out.

My old eyes struggle to read music off an iPad. Having a monitor
    at my eye would be awesome.

Shardik likes this.
  3. basscaster

basscaster

Jan 20, 2011
    great thought - I have been trying to figure this out myself. There would have to be some kind of synch to play it i a band situation. Maybe multiple players viewing through glass, from a score, with all parts running separately.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021