1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Bass Mod ((Pbass Content))

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VincentGrim, Oct 8, 2009.

1. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Not everyone is gonna like my color choice, but I dooooo! :bassist:

[​IMG][/IMG]

If you can't tell...I'm stoked about this.

[​IMG][/IMG]

After stringing it up...

[​IMG][/IMG]

Total mods to date include...
    Dunlop Straplocs
    Highmass Bridge
    Warmoth Pickguard
    SD 1/4 Pickups
    Wired direct to the output

Future mods include...
    Cavity shielding
    Open to suggestions on anything else

2. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    That looks really slick! Nice choice on the guard! :)

3. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Thanks! I didn't want to do a white, black, or tort...It was a tough choice between violet pearloid and green pearloid, but I think I chose wisely :D

4. pink?

5. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Modding p-basses is fun ...

p-bass5%20003.

6. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Wow ric, I really did that...I may be inspired to add a tug-bar to mine because that it pretty appealing to the eyes! I totally approve of your conversion from 4 string to 5...Not something you see every day.

7. I like the no knob approach

try black PG screws and black tugbar

8. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    Thanks yello!
    I may actually be tempted to swap out all of the chrome with black...hmmmm

9. theory028

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    The black screws and tugbar would look really nice. That was a great suggestion.

Just make sure to angle the tugbar correctly. :bawl: I did mine incorrectly so I had to redo it later. I've learned that it would work better for me if I used it as a thumb rest instead, so that's what I'll be doing from now on. ;)

PartIII009.

---

I keep looking at your bass and am becoming increasingly jealous of how nice it looks. You definitely need to put in some black screws and post more pictures. :eek:

10. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    High five for blue pbasses!! And I dig the flower PG! Unfortunately my use-able funds ((gig money)) have been diminished and that isn't expected to change for a few months now as we are writing new stuff and seeking a replacement drummer...But rest assured I am NOT done with this baby, satisfied yes, but not done. Black screws, tugbar...How do you guys think a maple neck with black block inlays/binding would look??

11. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    Agreed!!!
    [​IMG]

12. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Personally I would have gone with the green but I can totally dig the pink too, man. Nice no-knobs style. I just had this cool idea for a P bass with no knobs and the jack and the side of the body, with no pickguard. I bet that would look sweet...

13. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I already commented in the MIM club, but thats an awesome bass

14. theory028

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    A maple fretboard would really work well on this bass, in my opinion. Darkened rosewood would also be pretty nice. Either way, blocks and binding are always beautiful. ;)

15. VincentGrim

Aug 17, 2008
    @ Terrorrhythm: Yes, pink

@ LCW: Thanks!

@ Theory: It'd cost a pretty penny, but I'd looove to have warmoth make me a pbass version of a geddy neck xD

16. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Nice job! 1st Pbass Ive seen with no knobs, so do you like just one sound with no tone shaping?
    Maple neck is the 1st thing I thought of when you asked what else.. Block and binding is always a great choice. Good luck with finding a new drummer. (Always a PITA)

18. that's a wild looking bass.
    it's a MIM right? you could put american tuning heads on. the bass will stay in tune much better/longer

19. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    would you mind posting some clips?

20. The bass is cool, but I'd take the sand rail or the Buell over it any day.