1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by carrattrezzi, Feb 24, 2016.

1. carrattrezzi

carrattrezzi

Jan 17, 2016
    Torino
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to the bass. I'm almost to buy my first bass and my budget is about 200€. I found a Harley Benton HBZ-2004 at 249€ and an Ibanez GSR200-WNF at € 205,00. What do you guys think is better?

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    The HBZ looks really nice, but plenty of Ibanez love around here.
    First piece of advice is always the same...try them both out if you can. If you try out enough basses (so many simply sound and feel different) you'll find the right one for you.

carrattrezzi likes this.
  3. Ibanez will generally be better than Harley Benton, having said that Harley Benton are some of the better entry level models around.

If you are sure you will be playing bass for a long time to come, pick the one you fell comfortable playing, if you feel you may decide it's not for you and will give it up, buy the Ibanez you will get more of your money back selling it later.

carrattrezzi likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass! Fill out more of your profile when you get a sec. When we know (roughly) where you are, more local bassists can give more accurate opinions based on what is available in your area. You don't have to name the town if it bothers you. But, at least the country would help.

carrattrezzi likes this.
  5. carrattrezzi

carrattrezzi

Jan 17, 2016
    Torino
    I'll go and try the Ibanez tomorrow, but I found the HB only online, so I can't try it. I think I'll get one of the two tomorrow, but it's really hard to find something but the thomann clips about the HB. That's why I'm asking, I think I'll get the Ibanez if it feels confortable to me but I wanted to know if one of the two is significantly better than the other.

jd56hawk likes this.
  6. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Welcome to Talk Bass. Between the two examples given I'd go with the Harley Benton. Both have mahogany bodies so both are on the heavy side but for the price that Ibanez "looks" like an entry level bass while the Harley Benton has the look of refinement if one would place them side to side.