Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

first big gig with SSII and complete rig!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Jan 1, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    so last night was the first night i've gotten to use my entire amp rig - right when i got my IOD and DCM1000 my triad blew, so i was running on borrowed cabs until i got it back. and it was the first time i've gotten to use my SSII live (except for the jazz gig i played last friday...but that was a small club).

so...in rehearsal sunday i used my SSII with my rack and just my goliath jr, and i was way too loud. normally with my thumb i had to crank it, and my bandmates complained that i needed more low end, but for some reason the SSII just cuts through like nothin.

on to last night - we played a 900 seat theatre, renowned for it's cave-like acoustics. but man...i had NO problem being heard. i had both channels of the DCM up at only about 9 o'clock, and my compressor threshold up a little more than normal to keep the speakers from moving around alot...and if you sat infront of it it was like getting hit in the face with a 2x4 when i played.

and the bass performed flawlessly. my back hurts alot less than when i had my thumb, as did my hands. tone was huge, played great. this is THE bass.

jason

2. you are living my dream, equipment-wise. enjoy it.

3. Man, I only got to gig my SSII twice. Once in a small club to about 75-100 playing in my band. I was running through the club's amps but by god the SSII kicked some serious ass. Easy as hell to play, wonderful sustain which masked my f-ups. THe other time was in a large outdoor concert. I also had the volume problem, my band was not pleased that all you could hear was the Warwick. If I didnt need a car so bad I would still have it. One day, one day I'll get another.

sim