first big gig with SSII and complete rig!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Jan 1, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    so last night was the first night i've gotten to use my entire amp rig - right when i got my IOD and DCM1000 my triad blew, so i was running on borrowed cabs until i got it back. and it was the first time i've gotten to use my SSII live (except for the jazz gig i played last friday...but that was a small club). rehearsal sunday i used my SSII with my rack and just my goliath jr, and i was way too loud. normally with my thumb i had to crank it, and my bandmates complained that i needed more low end, but for some reason the SSII just cuts through like nothin.

on to last night - we played a 900 seat theatre, renowned for it's cave-like acoustics. but man...i had NO problem being heard. i had both channels of the DCM up at only about 9 o'clock, and my compressor threshold up a little more than normal to keep the speakers from moving around alot...and if you sat infront of it it was like getting hit in the face with a 2x4 when i played.

and the bass performed flawlessly. my back hurts alot less than when i had my thumb, as did my hands. tone was huge, played great. this is THE bass.

2. you are living my dream, equipment-wise. enjoy it.
  3. Man, I only got to gig my SSII twice. Once in a small club to about 75-100 playing in my band. I was running through the club's amps but by god the SSII kicked some serious ass. Easy as hell to play, wonderful sustain which masked my f-ups. THe other time was in a large outdoor concert. I also had the volume problem, my band was not pleased that all you could hear was the Warwick. If I didnt need a car so bad I would still have it. One day, one day I'll get another.