First Blood

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ironmaidenisgod, May 22, 2004.

1. ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Hey man,yesterday I chanced upon this cool riff and I was popping when I cut my finger and started bleeding.Most satisfying feeling in recent weeks.

Two years on the guitar and no blood.One month on the bass and I'm a bloody mess.Bass rules.
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Might want to lighten your attack if you are bleeding regularly.
  3. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    the only time i've ever bled is when i was stupidly playing this slappy/poppy line while i had these huge blood blisters on my fingers from a DB gig the night before... at one pop, they popped, all over my bass. quite nasty
  4. I think the blood thing works if your in a heavy act. "I PLAY SO HARD I BLEED!!!!!!!" type deal.

But it wouldn't work in jazz or funk or something. They's probably think you were a hemophiliac.

5. Your technique on guitar was obviously too good. I once switched instruments with my guitarist for a few songs, and due to my crappy palm-muting technique, I scraped off a fair amount of skin on my index finger and bled all over his Strat :smug: It's a shame I did that on his guitar; I cleaned it off for him. If I'd done it on my Squier I would have just left it; it looked really cool!

Edit: more detailed story here:
  6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I cut my finger then played. I got blood on my pickgurd made me kinda mad.

Then I cut my thumb and couldn't slap for like a week. That also made me mad.