Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Car!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by turkish, Jun 9, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i have dreamed of a WRX but in my realistitc price range i was lucky enough to get a Honda 88' CRX with a bunch of modifications like a new engine and clutch, and an unbeleivable sound system for 3,700

i've ogt three mechanic friend who ame with me to check it out and they all gave me the green light on it.

i will either get it tomorrow night or the following day

i am so excited

2. congrats bro, buying your first car is an awesome feeling. Yesterday i felt the opposite way when i sold my first car which was a 92 mustang GT convertible.

:( I miss my car...

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    oh GOD, i'm jealous!!! what engine does it have?

the CRX is one car i must own before i die. drop a b16a in, black spoon rims, coilovers....guh.

4. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i beleive it has the japanese integra ZC engine in it

5. Sounds like it should be a fun ride! CRX's are neat, just because they are pretty small and light and with a different engine are somewhat sporty.:D Good luck with it!

jtbp

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I havent seen a CRX in a long time. Most of them around here are in the junkyards, cause the road salt ate them up badly.

You guys that live where they dont use salt dont know how good you have it.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the guy made good choice on the ZC. super cheap, shares tons of parts, drops in just like stock, 130 hp. i'm sure she's a BLAST to drive.

8. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i'm tempted to put a B16 in her but not for a while atleast

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    WoW that car is a lot more fuel efficient than mine. My current [first] car is an 84 Impala w/the 305 V8 in it. It may not be fast but it's built like a tank. I like the Hondas for what they are and if i had the chance i'd take one so i don't spend $35 to fill up the tank. Thats all

10. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    My current and first vehicle is my 1986 Chevy S-10, stock everything, kinda ghetto. I have spent $200 on the stereo and it really is kinda nice. Jensen 120 watt head unit ($90), walmart speaker box ($20) 8" sub ($40), 200 watt amp ($50). We've had it since I was in the 6th grade, it was my grandfathers. We've changed the engine in it once, I had it painted, some work done to it, it runs great, gets OK mileage, but with a 13 gallon tank, I don't get too far LOL. 2.8 liter engine with a 4 speed, tops out at about 90 miles per hour. I LOVE IT :D

11. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    yeah i hear dit gets 35 miles to the galon or something like that

it also has a fat alpine sound system