First CD ever with my picture on the cover!!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Funkee1, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey all!
    I mentioned several months ago, that I got a CD in the mail I worked on, and was shocked to see my name and photo on the front very prominently, instead of being buried back in the credits!

Well, my friend now has that CD on his website!

It's called "Family Funk", and the deal is that all the songs were written this way: He started a drum pattern, I laid down a bass groove, and he took it from there!

Check it out, and if you feel so inclined, buy one (I am not spamming. I don't get any money from this), and let me know whatcha thinK!Butterflow website
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Well, that's one way to guarantee that nobody will buy it! :D

Seriously, it doesn't exist without a pic. Where is it?
  3. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    That site is weird..... sometimes the pics are up, and sometimes, all there is is a picture of Isabella!

Try Here!
  4. Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I saw it! Man, that is awesome. You must be on cloud nine and rightfully so. Congratulations!! :hyper:
  5. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Very nice sounds, Mark! How did you record your bass, and what bass did you use?

It kills me that you come in at the very end of the "Haitian Vacation" sample.

Keep up the good grooves, man. :bassist:
  6. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Most of it was recorded with my Spector NS 2000 Q5, direct into a GK 800rb. He live miked it, and took a direct line, and mixed the two signals together.

A couple of tracks are my Kawai bass. I didn't have the ReBop yet.

Haitian Vacation is a really cool song. You have to hear the whole thing.
  7. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Congrats! Great playing, btw. At first glance on the cover art, I thought I that was Michael Jackson holding a baby over on the right! :eek:
  8. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Very cool Funkee1!!! :hyper:

I done a few small time original CD projects as a session bassist, but I have never ended up on the front cover. Congrats!!! I checked out the clips. You got the funk man!

:bassist: :D :bassist: