1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First crappy recording clip - started playing bass 2 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by eric_B, May 6, 2015.

1. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Well, here it is:

So, stick to it or not?
    I hear a lot of timing problems, my fingers aren't doing (yet) what I want them to...

2. Two weeks in and you're having problems getting your fingers to do what you want them to? Put down the bass and step away slowly...:D

All joking aside, you sound better than I did after two weeks of playing. Then again, I was trying to play along to the albums Powerslave and Piece Of Mind...

Don't get discouraged about what you're not doing yet. Keep practicing and playing along to both recorded tracks and a metronome. If you don't have a metronome, there's an app for that. Timing problems and fingering issues are something that goes away the longer you practice. Personally, I don't hear too many timing issues. I hear a bassist locking in there.

eric_B likes this.
  3. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Two weeks? Have you played a fretted instrument before?

4. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Thanks! Maybe I'm too picky. Anyway, still enjoying it so I'll be back in another 2 weeks :).

A little guitar but not much.

5. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Keep it up, you're doing great.

6. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

most people wait til they are good before recording themselves......

the new generation is SO different to all those before them lol

Look at ME look at ME !

You're ok, stick with it.

Don't try to show off til you can....

7. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Hey thanks and I'm not THAT young anymore, lol!
    It was more of a reference point: where am I now and, say, a couple of months.
    Also a lot of teachers seem to advice to do some recordings or use a mirror to check your technique.