First Day at work....Toys R Us

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    well i am less than an hour away from my first day of work at toys r us...i will be stocking shelves for $7.00/hr

wish me luck
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Good luck. Dont drop the remote controlled cars, they hate that. ;) :D
  3. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Dont forget to be polite, say things like Yes Sir
    and Yes Ma'am. also if you want to make some cash on the side. When you get in a shipment of Hot
    Wheels cars,there are a series called Tresure
    Hunt cars,very limited editions, and new editions
    these can be sold on e-bay for some extra cash, some of the Treasure hunt cars sell for $15-25.
    check out some of the auctions, also there are
    some news groups on the net that have the serial numbers of the cases that have these cars in them.:)
  4. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Thanks! You just gave me an idea for a new place to work. I am currently employed at a steak house loading and carrying trays of food for $5.15 an hour with no tips, plus they refuse to give me a raise. Anyways good luck!
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    And make sure your pants are zipped don't want parents gettin' the wrong idea. :eek:

brad cook
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Oh, man. Memories. My first job was working at Toys R Us as a cashier, and then stocking and facing on the sales floor.

My friends had the impression that life in a toy store was a magical fun land where we danced on giant keyboards on the floor and helped guests by riding skateboards around the store.

If only they knew...

I'm not trying to scare you, but ask any department store which area gets trashed the most during the day, and they'll usually say "Toys". Kids like to pick up things, throw things, drop things, defecate on things (true story!)... and just think, your whole store is one big Toy section. :D
  7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I want a transformer....
    I want a GI Joe action figure.....
    I want some silly putty......
    I want a new X-box.....
    I want a tour guide barbie......
    OK, scratch the tour guide barbie! :D
    Good luck with your new job!