1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First day compressore problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gibbsalot, May 10, 2010.

1. This is my first markbass product, got it in today and after playing with the setting some on about the fourth stomp it turned off and would not turn back on. Eventually took the thing apart and pushed on all the connections and wires. Reassembled and now it works. Would you guys send it back or continue to use it? I have some fear it will happen again in the future. Thanks!

Oh and when I got it, the box inside was a mess and finger prints were all over the product. (Ordered from musiciansfriend)

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yikes. I'd bet somebody ordered it and then returned it to them in poor shape, and they sold it to you as new goods. I'd send it back. MB makes great gear, but from what I've read around here it may sometimes be tricky getting repair work done. Just tell MF the one you received was defective, and you want to exchange it for a new one.

I know it's a PITA though.

3. Yeah, I think in the long run peace of mind on something you depend on is a nice thing. Thx

4. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    It is an expensive pedal. Get another one.