1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First dead string in 40+ yrs ... I think?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Phlipper, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    I've read about dead strings, among both guitarists and bassists. But in over 40 years of playing I'd never had one ... till today. I've used Slinkys for as long as I can remember on my guitars and basses and they've always been perfect.

I put a set of xtra lite Cobalts on Tuesday and fell in love with the tone and the feel. I get home today and start playing my SR370 and the D string is dead as a door nail. It was perfect last nite. Today it sounds like the nut is bad or it's grounding out against the fret board. I raised it up 2 miles off the fretboard with no change. It's quiet and zero sustain. Replaced it with the D off the previous set and the old one is pefect. Any ideas? I assume this is what you call a dead string? Why did it die after 3 days? Weird.

2. Jason will replace it if you got it from BSO.

3. Phlipper

Phlipper

Feb 5, 2013
    Fayetteville, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Old SS Peavey Lead Sleds and Peavey tube amps
    Got em from GC. So it's 'call the mfr'.

:(

One dead string in over 40 years isn't bad. Lol