1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First decent combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperMaximo93, Mar 25, 2009.

1. If you could knock the price down on that, it'd be pretty sweet starter setup. Pity about the buzzing. See what the guy's lowest is and try it out (being able to try something is the big benifit here).

2. SuperMaximo93

SuperMaximo93

Feb 5, 2009
    England
    Thats the plan! :D Also I'd have enough money spare to get an amp and cab (even if he doesn't reduce the price much) so I can leave it at the drummer's place.

Thanks!

3. good plan :)

4. Props to you, Mohawk, for disagreeing in a pleasant, respectful way with my blurb. I'd love to see more give-and-take like that. +1

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    OK, here's some more...ARE YOU INSANE????

:D :bag:

Sorry...that was a joke, it really was. But like all good jokes, there's a grain of truth to it. I don't know why people who don't like tube amps have to resort to grossly exaggerating to get others to see their way. Everything you said about tube amps is patently false. Considering the tremendous volume of tube amps still being produced, sold, and used, they're far from dinosaurs. And far from being delicate. It took a bar fire to make my 73 V4B go down after about 12 years of 3-6 night a week usage with nary a problem. I've got a 64 B-15N that I owned and used about 5 times a month for 7 years before I ever even replaced a tube. And I'm talking hard miles in trucks and trailers. Yeah, you might have to replace a tube or two every few years. Whoopee.

Solid state gear breaks down, too, BTW. I've had as many SS amps in the shop as tube amps. Neither is more inherently reliable than the other. As with all high quality amps, take good care of them and they'll take good care of you.

Got no problem if you don't like tube amps. Hell, I own SS amps and a VT Pedal my own self. But let's not spread misinformation here in order to push an agenda.

6. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Just put a decent effect box in the effects loop. Something like a SABDDI should do it. The Behringer version is pretty good too, if you want to save some $.

7. Tis quite alright, I'm hardly going to have a hissy fit because someone disagrees with something when I know I'm right . . . joking :p .

It's all personal preference really, when we are talking about tone etc, there is no completelly right or wrong answer, everyone has a different perspective on the matter. :)

8. SuperMaximo93

SuperMaximo93

Feb 5, 2009
    England
    I got the Peavey! And it doesn't buzz! :D Paid £50 for it because of that. Now I can actually feel the sound rather than just hearing it :p

Thanks guys! And thanks for your help especially i_got_a_mohawk! :smug:

Pic:
    [​IMG]

9. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Congrats on your purchase. Very good deal. Some extra cash to boot!
    I'm sure it will be fine for many years to come.

10. Peavey amps sure served me wonderfully in my "early days" of serious club-gigging (not an oxymoron): Nobody ever kicked me out of a DC, Balt., NYC etc club for thumping away through one of those Mississippi Queens.... You know what I mean? :D

Congratulations!

11. metdistortion

metdistortion

Aug 13, 2008
    England
  12. Nice one mate, can hardly beat it at the price.

Good to hear it's working well :)