1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First earthquakes now this...were doomed!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by your idol, Mar 4, 2010.

1. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    Mark Hoppus & Pete Wentz Collaborate on a song for Alice In Wonderland

Over the past week, Mark Hoppus and Pete Wentz have rekindled their Twitter relationship (the same passionate affair that gave us the famed "Octo-Drive" last year), penning a series of odes to one another that mentioned "crazy-ass sandwiches" and, more notably, some mysterious new songs the two were collaborating on.

The tweets had fans of Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy salivating. With both bands in between projects at the moment (will this be the year we finally get the new Blink record?), speculation was rampant about what the two were up to. Well, we have the answer.

In an e-mail to MTV News, Wentz revealed that he and Hoppus had completed a song for the soundtrack to Tim Burton's upcoming "Alice in Wonderland," the same soundtrack that features a new song from All Time Low.

"We did a song for 'Alice in Wonderland,' [and we] might do a few more depending on when [Mark] goes in with Blink. [It] sounds nothing like Blink or Fall Out Boy. Mark understands songwriting on a completely different level. It's awesome to have a chance to sit in a room with him and watch him work out a melody."

Wentz added that, though he and Hoppus plan to record more songs, this isn't the beginning of some new supergroup. It's more like two friends getting together and jamming. After all, both of them have rather open schedules at the moment.

"It's just for fun. It's not a band or even a project at this state," Wentz wrote. "I think between me getting Starbuck's on TMZ and him gearing up for a summer of Blink, we have a lot on our hands."

A spokesperson for Walt Disney Records — who will be releasing the soundtrack — told MTV News that at the moment, no track list has been confirmed but an announcement will be made "in the coming weeks."

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Ok?

No they're not the best bassists in the world. But they are talented in creating/helping to create catchy songs. They have more money, fans, and success than most of us will ever have, so it's hard to hate on them. Hating on any bassist is kind of stupid. I know a lot of people on these boards play that kind of music, and hell I used to. So essentially, you're hating on others here too. Bassists are supposed to be somewhat of brothers because of the 4 (or more) strings that unite us. Diversifying because of skill level then looking down on others because of it? Immature. Pointless. Let's move along.

/rant

(Since I've joined these boards in '01, I've seen constant hating on bassists in the punk/pop punk genre, and I'm just sick of it.)

3. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    youre right..your opinion is the only one that matters here..my bad. ill move along

4. i think the end is coming soon......

5. Title is mildly inappropriate. Just my $.02 A lot of people are hurting from the earthquakes.

And +1 to "who cares"?

:bag:

6. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    I'm sick of the mainstream crap that all kids enjoy listening to these days. God bless the day when prog and jazz will return to end all.

Just my $0.02.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020