Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First ever TRP custom completed ( NEW BASS!)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Goretopsy, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    I've done it finally talking about it for a long time I mad my own bass, The first ever TRP custom I did it with the help of my uncle and a carvin neck I'm incredibally happy with the results. Sounds great plays better than all my other basses. So it is an over all sucess. tried to attach a picture but I dont know if it worked (I never can get it to work) but tell me what you think.

Specs:
    Neck carvin necktru 5
    Zebrawood body
    Seymour Duncan Basslines Alnico MM system/pickup
    Schaller straplocks/Bridge
    Gotoh GB7 tuners.

Hopefully the picture will work otherwise could someone help me post it.

(I've got a few more (basses) coming up once the funds $$ allow me, a g*itar or two for a fellow band mate, and the possiblitly of making some for sale at a local music shop who is very intrested in stocking them)
    Thanks for your time
    Ron

ps:take into mind I'm 17 and for my age I personally feel I've done some quality work

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    dude, double post is not cool

3. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    sorry my computer stalled and I hit the button again didnt know it went through. My bad

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    no problem

also, WE WANT THE PICS! :)

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    PICS!

Peace
    Nick

6. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    can someone please tell me how to get these pics on to the site. I'm dumb I cant get them on here if somone helps me I'll put them up but till then I'm stuck

7. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    email them to me @ the address I PM'd you and I'll get them up for you...

8. Are you going to try to sell basses with Carvin necks? There might be some legal complications with that.

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Why do you say that? It's not like you have to sign some kind of agreement when you buy a Carvin neck, right? You can sell Warmoth stuff to left and right without problems...

10. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    Yeah I thought about that, but Oysterman has a good point but if I ever do I'll talk with carvin and make sure its alright before I do. They are really helpful my order got messed up due to missmarked item and they fixed it for me right away with no hassle. But they sell the necks for people to make g*itars / basses so they must realize that other people are making basses with their necks.

11. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    trp front:
    [​IMG]

12. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    trp bk:
    [​IMG]

13. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    wow, it looks really good...nice job!
    I left the pics kind of big so the details show.
    Hope that's OK.
    Had to cut out the toes, sorry...

14. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Nice work! Looks like a keeper...sound good though?

15. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Cograts!! Sweet looking bass... Hopefully I'll have my first creation posted up here soon!! Love zebrawood!! Makes a great looking body!!!

16. I dig that body shape, and the Zebrawood looks fantastic.:cool:

17. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Congrats man, it looks really nice !

18. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    thanks, thats alright to cut out the toe I forgot to do that before I sent it so good job.
    It does sound good sounds really good, very punchy, deffinatly like the alnico pickup is better than the ceramic model (got one in my fender), Another good point is it is very well balanced it dosnt move absolutly no neck dive which is a major plus.
    Thanks again I'll show more once I make them