Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

first fretless acoustic...help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by newbass, May 4, 2003.

1. newbass

newbass

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Hello again! Since my last post I have decided to get a fretless acoustic as my second bass/first fretless/first acoustic. However, I've heard that the majority of them are inaudible unless you have them plugged in. So I would like to know:which ones are audible, if they need a special amp, and if you could post pics of yours or the one you think is the best? The only other criteria are that the basses have to be acoustic/electric. Please help! Thanks in advance!

2. Although I haven't played the fretless version, the Tacoma acooustic bass is the loudest one that I've played. It's definately audible over an acoustic guitar. I've heard that Taylors are very nice as well, although they're much more expensive.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The only audible acoustic is a Tacoma in my experience. Virtually all acoustics are electric as well, and most, even cheap ones, sound quite nice plugged into any bass amp. If you're on a budget, look for the Dean Performer Plus, they're quite good for the money.