Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Gig as good or as bad as first sex!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LoJoe, Oct 16, 2002.

1. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Well this past weekend I finally got my big break. I got to go out to Charlotte Lowes Motor Speedway with The Word on the Street Band for the Little Trees 300 and the Winston Cup race. I've only been playing bass for 4 months after converting over from guitar and had never played either publicly before other than in a tiny church setting. This was my first time in front of the general public, if that's what you can call a bunch or partying NASCAR fans. It was just like my first sexual experience in the following ways:

1. I had long anticipated this event, but when the moment finally came, I was way too nervous, and not sure what the first step was. I had to be told what to do every step of the way.

2. Although I had practiced many many times by myself, it did not even slightly compare to doing it with someone else.

3. Even after practicing over and over, I still froze when the time came to make my first move and couldn't remember what came next. I was all thumbs for awhile.

4. Once I had what I thought was a good rhythym going, I was hoping everyone else involved thought so too.

5. When I finally got settled down and started getting into it, I really started to enjoy myself.

6. I had wood the whole time it was going on.

7. It was over much too soon.

8. I can't stop talking about it to my buds.

9. I am now obsessed and can't wait to do it again!

That's it for my first gig story. Here's a pic. That's me in the back on the left almost against the tour bus. It was the most fun I've ever had with clothes on! :D

2. SeeSharp

SeeSharp

Sep 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Sounds greats. Why are you standing so far back? ~later~

3. Because he had wood.:D

4. SeeSharp

SeeSharp

Sep 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Ahhhh...I should have known.:D ~later~

5. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    LOL! I was standing so far back because I was convinced that I was going to forget the songs and I had cheat sheet music charts just to the right of the mixer board. After the first 30 seconds or so though, I found I didn't need the sheets after all. Probably because I'd practiced the songs about 8000 times the week before! :D I did move up front later in the day when the first time jitters were over. I cannot friggin wait to do this again!

6. Did you rock the bed...err... Stage?

:p :D

7. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Ok. Who is the wiseguy with the hotmail email address that sent me this modified picture? LMAO! :D

8. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    ...cause he is a bass player, duh. :D ;) :rolleyes:

-Max

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I'd like to add one part:

If you happen to see a pair of female brests during the act, it makes completely stunned and lost in your tracks :p

10. that was my first guess.