First gig.. AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Microbass, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Last night, rocked!!! I've never felt so happy for months! i felt so blissful, maybe gigs don't mean lot to some people - enjoying them or not - but this one sure did have a sentimental(sp?) value to me, and meories to look back on!

We weren't very preped, but were ready to rock, was messy, and I messed up one of our songs BIG TIME, but everythought it was Steve (aka blythey/guitar) !!

Here's some pix! rockon!! :D :)!.JPG < evil Jim Deacon bass teehee

Our setlist wasnt very variated, but hey..! it still rocked;

Welcome To Paradise
    2,000 Light Years Away
    Stuck In Democracy*
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Teenage Lobotomy
    Watch Me Care*
    Basket Case

* = originals.

I was complimented several times, a fellow bassist said I sounded good, and was pretty tight with George (drummer), and that i'm "f'ning nutz, why can't you stay in one spot?", haha!!

A lot of people were commenting on my vocals, I don't understand why.. I'm not a good singer, and I kept forgetting to drink water (jumping around in the spotlight REALLY takes it out of you!) before every song.. DOH!

I got everyone chanting for the ramones songs.. I tored off my anarchy shirt.. "Aight ya punks, TIME FOR A REAL PUNKROCK EDUCATION.. 1234!", man it was fantastic!

The gig was also recorded onto DVD! (you can see the camera guy on stage) there were also many cameras around the hall!

I got to use a 1200 watt @ 4 ohm Trace all Valve amp. a 4x10 combo, with a 15" under it.. YUM!!!
    There was a 400 watt Marshall half stack.. and I was overpowering.. MUAHAHAHA!!!

Was great night, so much fun! And I got to do a 'who' act, oh man it rocked!

:bassist: :bassist:
  2. i learned something about myself last night.. Music is the only drug I need!

i feel so good about myself. can't wait 'till march.. :)
  3. hehe reading your post makes me wana join a band and do gigs
    to bad i suck.
    but i'm working on that lol
  4. work everyday! im not very good, but im inspired, it might be punk rock, but hell, who says i can't be 'JaKo' at the sametime, eh? :p :rolleyes: :D

Has anyone else had this sorta feeling after their own gig..? :bassist:
  5. Amethska

Jan 27, 2003
    NJ, USA
    Aw man, that's exactly how I imagine it would feel to be on that stage instead of the pit. Man.

I have a guitarist... and me... and... and... yeah. That's it.

I get a mild high from just playing with anyone else at home... and I can just imagine that amplified a million times :D

Congrats on the show :)

EDIT: I just realized I might wanna watch my language here... *bangs head on the wall* It was mild, don't kill me.
  6. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I've played hundereds of gigs and still totally dig it! This looks like a fantastic gig, and I must say that you Gibson bass looks KILLER!!

7. she sounds it too!

next week i hope I might have some mp3s.. :)
  8. :bawl: aaaaaah I .... Can't ..... take..... it .... anymore....

Must find band.......Must do GIGS
  9. Nice pics, the chica's seem to be digging you.

why do you have two different shirts on in the pics though?
  10. well, i set that up.. *ashamed*

we did a few songs, then did Blitzkrieg Bop & Teenage Lobotomy, so I did a lil stripping, tore of my anarchy shirt and showed my true colors...

11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You are so punk.
  12. heh
  13. HardRockZombie

Jul 4, 2002
    Holy Christ how do you have enough money for all that gear?
  14. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    THat sounds awesome, cant wait to do that.

But just out of curieosity, how did you go about booking it, and where was it(club, house party, etc)?
  15. onlt the guitars/basses/stix were the bands, everythign else was the sound guy's, the amps were the other band's amps!

Our guitarist is part of a local church, who are pretty with it. Fusion; the church youth group organised this in order to raise money for the church.

The PA guy, lighting and video guy are all part of the church. Poor Old Ben (we were supporting them) needed a band, and they asked the guitarist at a youth meeting.

Awesome. :cool:

About doing a more DIY get-a-gig, I could only say get a demo on tape or CD and take it into bars, and clubs, and ask! Find out all the details, whether you'll need a PA guy or not etc.. :)