first gig ever!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassmonkey144, Nov 25, 2004.

1. w00t, just finished my first gig. school pep band. although really, it was just me, drummer, guitarist and a few horns. i always thought it wouldnt be fun to play for school, but i was wrong. playing in front of a huge gym full of close to 500 people was awesome. especially when people came up to us after the concert and said we sounded so much better this year. :rolleyes: partly due to the fact they let me play some funk. i just wanted to share my excitement with the forums.
  2. Congrats on the gig! It always make me feel good when I have a good show, especially when people enjoyed it. :bassist:
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I remember my first pep-band gig... I felt like a cheerleader with a mellaphone (a.k.a. the bastardhorn). Our basketball team got to the finals and played at the Airforce Academy's area. I played so hard and so loud that I overtook the entire band and made people across the arena stare at me like I was nuts. I was one of the loudest trumpet/bastardhorn players around...and then I quit after high school. Good riddance you lousy horn!

Ummm anyway.. glad you enjoyed it! :D
  4. yea, its always fun when u get to use an amp that makes ur pants flap in the wind. :rolleyes:
  5. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    two thumbs up. nice job.
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    very cool, may you have many more.