first gig, go me...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Link, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Link

Jul 6, 2002
    Latrobe, PA
    today, I get play my first 'gig'. It's simple blue grass and alittle bit of blues... not real big I know... judging by the looks I've already seen, I think I should have someone take pictures of the people's expressions when they see a 5'2" girl carrying a bass around... it's classic... ;)

but, anyways just want to take the op. to shout out to you guys a huge "thanks"- this site and the posts have been such a help...

2. Have fun!
    It's wonderful. Take it all in, and enjoy.
  3. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Hey Link,

You're not in bad company. Have ya ever seen the irrepressibly cute Kristin Korb? She's gotta be in your vertically challenged range.

Hope all went well with the gig.

BTW if you wanna impress me, tell me you shoot in the 70s at Arnie's course in Latrobe.
  4. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    You have kept us in limbo long enough how did the gig go.

5. Link

Jul 6, 2002
    Latrobe, PA
    sorry bout that... first chance i'v gotten to get back to the board since then...
    the gig went pretty well, it was outside, so it was atleast a little cool and the rain held off. Other than going a little sharp in the one song, and slightly sore fingers, it was a lot of fun... I enjoyed it greatly and it was a pretty good set up/situation for a first gig I think.
    Tim: Sorry, I don't shoot 70s... I don't golf too often... I really suck, and besides... too busy with music ;)

"I saw you on Saturday! You were playing that big... thing..."
    "A bass..."
    "Yeah, that!"