Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First Gig Rocked!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bigmanb, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Tonight my band played our first gig ever at a battle of the bands. And we WON! I am so pumped right now. I never realized how exhilirating playing in front of people is; especially when you win. We have a couple of weeks till the semifinals and I can't wait.

2. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    that sounds awesome! i'd love to play in that battles. how were the the other bands: crappy or good?. theres a big rock scene in your town?

3. wickid!! congradulation man! thats so gnarly. i wanted to play at my battle of the bands...but my drummer got very violently ill and we couldnt compete. i'm so glad you won though, good luck for your semis!!!!!!!!!!
    peace&plaid
    -Shoonk

4. Thanks. We messed up a lot, but apparently no one could tell. We just gotta practice our butts off for the next one. The other bands were pretty good too; you could tell they'd been together for a long time.

5. Wow thats great! I want to arrange a battle of band's but fear none will turn up. What bands and songs were you doing??
    p.s Good luck with the semi's.