First gig(s)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Bushfire, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Well I'm 16 and play bass (badly), and my band (reason why I started learning) played our first couple a gigs last week.

See, we entered the rockquest (a band competition) and our first gig was one organised by the school. It went pretty crap, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

But last saturday we played the rockquest. Wow, it was pretty amazing. my string broke in the morning, never replaced one before so bought a 40 buck pack of strings and replaced it in the car (with no wire cutters) the bass sounded crap acousitic (fret buzz city) but we got in there and they had a warwick (I think?) bass cabinet and It just sounded so good. Sure the stage lights blinded me to the point where I couldn't actually see my guitar, and we didn't get through to the next stage.....

....but WOW! what fun! I want to keep at this, if only to play more things like that!
  2. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    good on yeh, dude!
    welcome to your obsession!
  3. Theres nothing like the feeling you get when you're gigging! :bassist:

Best high I've ever had :D
  4. Yeah, with any luck we'll be rocking up to the next stage tommorow. We're not playing, but still-mosh pits are fun too!