Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First gig tonight

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Chris J, Nov 30, 2001.

1. Well who am I to break tradition and not tell about my first gig? Me, guitarist, drummer/singer, and singer put together a band and are gonna play our first performance together. In fact, it's all our first shows ever except for the drummer. It's a battle of the bands being hosted by our school and sponsored(sp?) by a local radio station. We're gonna be playing Rock the Party and Alive both by POD. I'm hopin I do well, went partying last night with another one of the bands. So now they want me to play bass for them from now on. So tomorrow I'll come back and tell you all how it went. Wish me luck!

2. Go break a leg or two! :D

And above all, HAVE FUN! :)

3. Just got back from the show. I'm still a little wired. My band played last. Our first song went pretty well. It was Alive by POD. I messed up but I jsut kept right on playing and after the show someone said they thought I was good cuz I never messed up. Then we played Rock the Party, aslo by POD. That was crazy. The crowd loved it. All the bands were pretty much really bad punk bands. New Found Glory wannabes. Another played Metallica but had no singer. And another played some really slow and old stuff. So we filled the gap nicely. The crowd went crazy when they heard the delay on our guitar. My group of friends screaming and chanting my name. Pretty cool. My OD pedal wasn't very loud then I noticed one of the sound guys turned the volume on it right down. So I raised it. Then a friend in the audience motions to me to turn it up more. That really did the trick. Like I said it was a battle of the bands. We didn't even place in the top 3 but we don't care. That was the most fun we've had in a long time. I got quite a few compliments on my tone. Although I think the Ampeg SVT3Pro I borrowed had something to do with that. Fun stuff!