First Gig went great!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, May 18, 2003.

1. Ok, so this school dance has a bunch of bands on the bill, and I was in it. And as for my first gig, i think it went excellent... aside from the fact our guitar player was playing with a broken thumb!

First, a ska band went up, they were REALLY good. They got the crowd pump, and did a nice version of ska "faith".

second band, scared the crap out of EVERYONE! I mean, these guys were slipknot version 2.0... In full makeup and all. The guiter were downtuned, and they ripped off system of a down.

third band, it's ME! I get up there, and a rush of adreniline comes over me, I'm pumped. We go into Blitzkreg Bop. The crowd gets pumped, even though i mess up the lyrics a little. Ok, that songs over, then we come to our original. No mistakes, goes perfect. Then we come to anarchy in the UK... everything goes well until our singer forgets where the solo ends, so we all get off rhythm for a good 12 seconds. Then we get back on track. Our guitarist has to stop 2 bars towards then end because his thumb KILLS!

forth band, OH MY FUDGING GOD!!! They were soo good! I was even rocking out, and there were a good couple of mosh moments too! I saw all the pretty girls and rap boys moshing too, it was band history!

anyway, the first band, and the latter band are gonna try and do the same bill with my band again next year, so that'll be really cool! I have mp3s of my set, and will post the links later
  2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    w00t!!! the first one to respond to you!!!!!!!1

FF, I am so proud of you, I knew you could do it!!!

Congradulations, and I am looking forward to hearing it as well.
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Nice, I wish my first gig would have went that well. Looking forward to the mp3's
  4. Good job, Freaky!!

Hope your guit player's thumb is better. Don't sweat the mistakes too much.

:cool: :bassist: