Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

First gig whit my band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Oberg, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    hello fellow musicians, to day was my first gig whit my new band.

it was on a place called "stampen" a old jazz,blues club in stockholm sweden.

we are 7 ppl in the band and the stage was SMALL. there were 5 other band´s playing there, and we were the only band whit Pianos/keybords so we had to set up for the soundcheck and then take it down again to put it up before we began playing.

the gig went very well and we had fun. the crowd liked us.

there was only som minor setbacks this gig, first the soundguy was crap. He dident know what he was doing and then we had his assistant that in our 3 song out of 4 he found a bubble machine somewere, he dident know how it worked or if it worked but he decided to try it anyway. we all saw him plugg it in and began charging it. sudenly he turnd it on and out went water and sope out from the machine and on to one of my keybord players roland RD700 and the guitarists music man.

lucky as we were nothing broke. and the assistant said he was sorry, no other compensation. i think he atleast could have given us free drinks.

anyway the gig was fun and i can post some pictures when i get them.

peace out:bassist:

2. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Goodness! I'm glad nothing was damaged, and that you had a good show. I have a mental picture of the guy with the bubble machine...an old tv episode of The Lawrence Welk Show, gone horribly awry. :)

Cherie :)