1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First gig with a new band, I'm hoping this works out.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by darknes40, Mar 16, 2013.

1. darknes40

darknes40

Oct 11, 2011
    Well after a year and a half hiatus from gigging I finally found another band. 7 months ago I moved to a new town for university, an because of school and work obligations I hadn't really scoped out the music scene here at all, fast forward to a month ago and this girl I'm seeing drags me along to this pub, saying that I really have to see her friend's band and I figure hey why not.

So I get there right as they go on and they are actually pretty good, pretty solid punk sound with a little bit of something else mixed in. I'm digging the music and at the end of the set they let everyone know that it is their bass players last show with them.

I take the opportunity afterwords to introduce myself and we get talking, after finding out that I'm a bass player they ask me to come jam sometime. After a few jam sessions I'm invited to play a few shows with them, and if we all get sling they already have a tour in may set up.

Well Saturday night is the first of our gigs, a mix of originals and done Celtic rock covers for st Pattys day, which will be nice as this will be the first non cover band I've been in and a half cover show is probably the best way to ease me back into gigging. Ill let you guys know how it is after tonight :) maybe even post a few pictures if someone takes some.

2. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Good luck with that.