First gig with Bergantino cabs!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by petch, Nov 12, 2003.

1. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Well, not the first gig- just the first indoor gig. The initial gig was outside under a tent in the rain so evaluation was difficult. Last night I played in a fairly long narrow tavern with my four piece band. There was no PA support, it was used for vocals only. The results were awesome! These 12" cabs (HT and EX) really cut the mustard. Paired with an Eden WT-550 there was plenty of bottom and room-filling oomph. Several other bassists were there and one sat in for a few tunes. They were VERY impressed with the sound and they were used to larger cabs like
    4x10's and 2x15's. These little babies are easy to carry (one with each hand) and sound BIG. No, I don't work for Mr. Bergantino... just very happy with the sound. :)
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Same thing for me!!!. I used the two berg 112s, Eden pre and a qsc plx 3402 at 1100 watts 4ohms, one side. Fisrt, the 112s handled the power with no problem and second they sound great! I had to compete with with two Marshall 100 watt half stacks and the rig worked perfect. If I didnt hear it for myself I woulnt belive that two 112s could keep up with 8 12 inch guitar speakers. Just spreding the bergie love! BTW I dont work for Jim either.
  3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey petch,

Are you still were you using your Millennium for this gig?
  4. Like I've said many times get an Auralex Gramma Pad when you play on box stages and be even more impressed! Do a search on the gramma pad and see all the raves. No I don't work for Auralex. :D

proud owner of many Bergantino cabs...
    Nv610, HT212, HT112/EX112
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    whatever you do,

DONT try your Bergie cabs with an EA head. just dont! your Eden head will regret you did. ;)
  6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Yo ebozz,

For this gig I used my Fender American Deluxe Precision. I am not totally comfortable with my 5 string ability! I also still have a Reverend Rumblefish in addition to the Millennium 5 and G-bass. I love em' all and they all sound good thru this amp setup.

Big String,

You're talkin' Christmas list buddy!

7. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I have a offer for a trade that includes a wt550. I would use it as a back up for my Woods and as my practice amp with one 112 and probally on more blues/clasic rock things.

I would be using 2 berg 112's.

Joker what didnt you like about that combo. Did you ever use 2 112's?

Petch have you ever compared you set up with a EA head or something a little more nueteral?

8. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Nope, haven't tried the Bergs with any other head.
    My previous amp setup was SWR and it was a bit too clean for my taste...I wanted to go with a bit warmer of a sound. Very happy so far. :)

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have used the Berg 1x12" with an SM900, and an Eden WT500. I found the Eden to be much nicer sounding. The SWR was sterile. I think the Eden complements the hi fi tone of the Berg nicely. It evens it out, and is much warmer sounding.
  10. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    I bought the Gramma and I have to say it really does nothing for me. At least in our practice space and my dining room. I will try it our on a gig this Friday and see then.
    I have a SWR Goliath 3 that I am using this with. I usually leave the castors on and I think they are decoupling the sound already. Seriously. Nothing! NADA, Zilch! No difference my friend. Not trying to be mean or even inconsiderate and I mean no offense.

OK BUT... I just bought 2 Ernie Ball/MM cabs ( 2x12 and 2X10) I will try this foam wonder with them and report back. Maybe the SWR is immune to the benifits of the Gramma so highly touted. IMO though I wasted money.