1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First gig with Eden CXC110

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by jb6884, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jb6884

jb6884

Jan 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    All - just wanted to report on my first gig with a Eden CXC110. The venue was a local brewery - the room was proably 25x100 with wood floors and high ceilings. The band is a 5 piece bluegrass band. I would say easily 100 people in attendance. I bought the 1x10 extension cab with it, but did not need it. No PA support on this one, and I had plenty, no, gobs of headroom & volume in reserve. I'm very, very pleased with it's performance. This is my first Eden product, and I am very impressed with how much sound I can get from it. The EQ is very touchy - each click makes a noticeable difference, but I like that. It's got a lot of features that I don't use with my upright (I guess for dialing in certain sounds on BG). I ran it about two clicks left of 12:00 on Low, Mid, High, 12:00 on Gain, and 10:00 on Master Volume with Gain Boost button on (+10db). There's something called an Enhance knob - which I guess controls a mid scoop.. I found a good balanced punchy sound with this at about 9:00. I also used a little bit of the built in compressor which helped even out the tone from the bassmax. All other boost buttons & features were off.

In all, Much, much better sounding than the ampeg 2x10 I was using, or the Mesa Walkabout I had for a couple days before returning it. When playing at home, I noticed a lot of air noise coming from combo when I hit a low note, but I couldn't hear that once I played it with the band.

Hope this helps someone that might be looking for small a combo.

2. jb, when I play my DB through this rig I feel exactly the same way, down to the settings. For BG, I add a 1x10 AND 1x12, bump the mids slightly & turn it up. Happy, happy, happy, all the time!